From 1977 to 1982, the Pine Creek Trading Post in Tombs Run was owned by Donald Breon and Neil Lehman. They had bought the business from George Morton, and before him,
it had been Bardo’s (the original builder’s) garage. A popular gasoline, groceries, and hunting and fishing supplies store, it entered the 21st century
Farmland stretches almost two miles up the east side of Pine Creek from Route 220 at Jersey Shore. Then comes the first community–Torbert Village.
It does not have any stores, churches, a fire company, or a school. It is entirely residential, with somewhat over 40 homes, but its over 320 acres
had belonged to just one man, James Hepburn, back in 1785.