Pine Creek
Works Progress Administration (WPA) Project No. 768 involved constructing this stone retaining wall along Route 44, about one mile below Ramsey.  Among the workers are foreman Ralph Sweeley and timekeepers John E. Snook and A.H. Hilborne.  The WPA was a Roosevelt New Deal Agency from 1935 to 1943.

The Book   Intro   Torbert & Tombs Run   Ramsey   Waterville  
Jersey Mills   Cammal   Slate Run   Cedar Run & Leetonia   Blackwell  
Pine Creek
Pine Creek Valley History Ramsey Village Main Label

The Boy Scout Camp Kline footbridge over Pine Creek south of Ramsey swayed under the tread of many happy scouts in the summer of 1961. Built in 1955, the wire–cable suspension bridge had a 14–ton capacity and a maximum height of 25 feet over the water. On Easter Sunday, April 14, 1974, it was destroyed by extremely high winds associated with violent storms that had spawned tornados in the region.
The history of Ramsey Village, about three miles north of Tombs Run, is to a great degree the history of the Ramsey Family. Their continuous presence in the area spanned from just after the Revolutionary War until 1981, almost 200 years.

....For more great information and photos about the Blackwell area please purchase "Pine Creek Villages" by: David Kagan

Available at area bookstores, independent retailers, and online retailers, Pine Creek, or through Arcadia Publishing at (888)-313-2665 or

Pine Creek Council of Governments, the COG serves the entire Pine Creek Valley PaPennsylvania Pa Wilds now teamed up with Pine Creek Valley.comPine Creek Valley Preservation Association

Share |
© Pine Creek   Having Trouble finding what you're looking for? Try our Site Map!